Partner Ryan Stonerock litigates in state and federal courts throughout the nation including California, New York, Massachusetts, Delaware, Maryland, Florida, Texas, Georgia, and North Carolina. He has over a decade of trial and arbitration experience in entertainment and intellectual property litigation, as well as business, finance and real estate law. Mr. Stonerock also helps to coordinate the firm’s work to prevent the publication and spread of false and defamatory statements, unauthorized images and private information on behalf of numerous high profile individuals and companies. Mr. Stonerock worked closely with Mr. Harder in obtaining a full retraction, apology and multi-million dollar settlement from the Daily Mail on behalf of the First Lady of the United States Melania Trump. Mr. Stonerock also helped to recover a valuable automobile collection on behalf of the Paul Walker Estate.
Mr. Stonerock also defeated a claim at trial by a Hollywood talent agency against its former President for intentional interference with contract arising out of the failure of 5 former clients of the agency (including the original showrunner of the television show The Family Guy) to pay commissions.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
ENTERTAINMENT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LITIGATION
- Right of Publicity
- Privacy Rights, including TROs and Injunctions
- Reputation and Brand Protection
- Trademark Infringement, including Lanham Act and False Advertising claims
- Copyright Infringement, Idea Submission and Implied Contract claims
- Defamation (Libel and Slander)
- First Amendment
- Profit Participation, Royalty and Audit matters
- Licensing and Merchandising
- New Media
- Terminating Internet Imposters & Infringers
- Internet Domain Name disputes & Cybersquatting
- Talent Agencies Act & California Labor Commission proceedings
- Advertising and Promotions
GENERAL BUSINESS LITIGATION
- Breach of Contract
- Business Torts including Fraud, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Constructive Fraud, Tortious Interference with Business Relations, Conversion, Unjust Enrichment and Professional Negligence
- Unfair Competition and Unfair Business Practices, including Business & Professions Code § 17200
- Trade Secrets
- Employment Litigation
- Electronic Discovery
- Real Estate Litigation
- Construction Litigation
Named a Super Lawyer by Southern California Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business for 2021 and 2022.
Named a Super Lawyers Rising Star by Southern California Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business 2009 – 2010, 2013-2020.
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Juris Doctor (2006), Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, DC
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (2003), Cum Laude, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California